5th Anniversary Gifts
Wooden Wine Glass
Personalized Wood Wall Art - Our Story
Bamboo Wood Bath Caddy
Wood Salad Bowl Set
Rustic Wood Bar Cart
Wood Martini Glass
The Complete Guide To Your 5th Anniversary!
Congrats! You’ve officially made it through half a decade with your partner — definitely a call for celebration! Though married life can sometimes become routine and can even feel a little monotonous, your connection and bond with your spouse is far from boring. There are a lot of wonderful 5th wedding anniversary gift ideas, both traditional and modern, that can help you express your deep love and connection to your partner. Whether you’re looking for wood anniversary gifts, 5 year anniversary gift silverware, anniversary gifts for her or for him, what matters most is the deep connection you feel to your spouse. Use this 5th wedding anniversary to showcase your strong bond — what the 5th anniversary is all about!!
In this Complete Guide to your 5th Wedding Anniversary, you will discover:
- Modern vs traditional anniversary symbols
- 5th anniversary color
- 5th anniversary gemstone
- 5th wedding anniversary flowers
- 5th wedding anniversary gift ideas
- 5th anniversary celebration ideas
Modern vs Traditional
As a 5th anniversary modern symbol, silverware represents the many meals you’ve already shared together and the closer bond you’ve formed throughout your marriage. Also, silverware as 5th anniversary gift ideas for couple is a sensible gift because, after 5 years together, the original wedding silverware is likely to be worn out or tarnished. Thus, a new set of silverware brings a sense of freshness to the family home and also symbolizes a couple’s resilience against any form of tarnishing.
The 5th anniversary is an important milestone for a couple: after 5 years together, the two of you have undoubtedly formed a strong bond. Because of this, wood is the symbolic gift that is traditionally given on the 5th year of marriage. The traditional 5th anniversary gift, wood, symbolizes strength, stability and durability of the marriage. Additionally, traditional wood gifts as a 5th year wedding anniversary gift represent the roots that the two of you have grown together and thus, how your relationship has grown. Though you began as a simple plant with a simple root structure, you now have grown into a tall, strong and sturdy tree with bark to protect you from anything that may damage your relationship.
5th Wedding Anniversary Color
- Blue represents the sky and the sea, and is associated with open spaces, freedom, intuition, imagination, expansiveness, inspiration and sensitivity. Additionally, the color blue represents trust, depth, loyalty, sincerity, wisdom, confidence, stability, faith, heaven and intelligence.
- The color blue communicates significance, importance and confidence. Blue is also associated with intelligence, stability and unity.
- As a 5th wedding anniversary color, the color blue symbolizes deep trust, stability and union between the two partners. If you’re having trouble coming up with 5th anniversary gift ideas, consider blue jewelry, such as a sapphire ring or necklace, to showcase your deep bond.
- Pink is a delicate color that indicates sweetness, nicety, playfulness, cuteness, romance, charm, femininity and tenderness. It is the color of universal love of oneself and others, and it represents friendship, affection, harmony, inner peace and approachability.
- While both red and pink present romantic love, pink represents romance and charm specifically.
- The color pink represents whimsy and playfulness: as a 5th anniversary color, pink can be used to incorporate some of that newness and fun back into the relationship.
- As a 5th anniversary gift color, turquoise represents balance, patience and friendship in a relationship. When you give turquoise jewelry as a 5th wedding anniversary gift, you are encouraging these qualities in your relationship.
- As a blend of blue and green, turquoise has some of the same calming attributes. Turquoise is associated with meanings of refreshment, femininity, calmness, sophistication, energy, wisdom, serenity, wholeness, creativity, emotional balance, good luck, spiritual grounding, friendship, love, joy, tranquility, patience, intuition and loyalty.
- The turquoise color has a feminine feel and is often used to represent the fluidity of water.
- The color turquoise is believed to help enhance communication skills, calm the mind and body, and has been used as a symbol of prosperity.
5th Anniversary Gemstone
- The Sapphire gemstone is believed to promote wisdom, accurate thinking and spiritual truth.
- The sapphire stone is known to be the stone of commitment and fidelity. Therefore, as a 5th wedding anniversary gemstone, the sapphire stone encourages a re-commitment to each other, representing the deep bond you and your spouse share. If you’re unsure of 5th anniversary gifts for her, consider getting her a sapphire ring to remind her of your deep commitment.
- When you wear a sapphire gifted by a loved one, it signifies that the bond will be everlasting and that the partners will have a deep attachment to each other.
- The blue color of the gemstone is believed to inspire trust, patience and confidence — qualities that are definitely important in a long-lasting marriage.
- The sapphire gemstone symbolizes success in love and is said to keep its color only when in sympathy with its wearer. If the wearer changes their affection, the stone is believed to fade from blue to a greenish tint.
- Pink Tourmaline helps to reduce feelings of stress, anxiety and depression.
- In love and relationships, pink tourmaline is believed to attract a good match, helps to build a trusting and lasting relationship, encourages affection and helps to minimize the sense of distance.
- In general, pink gemstones are said to bring about serenity, relaxation, acceptance and contentment, as well as help to neutralize disorder or soften frustrations.
- This stone symbolizes love and friendship, and is believed to remove negativity, fear and nervousness in a relationship. As a 5th anniversary gift gemstone, pink tourmaline can make for a great jewelry item for her to remind her of the playful affection and strong friendship bond between you two.
5th Anniversary Flower
- Daisies represent innocence, faith, cheer, simplicity, loyal love, purity and gentleness on behalf of both the giver and the recipient. When you give daisies as the 5th anniversary flower, you are declaring, “you have as many virtues as this flower has petals.”
- There is a well-known legend from Victorian times that claims maidens would pluck a daisy’s petals one by one to predict their romantic future. Thus, as a 5th anniversary gift and symbol, the daisy represents hope for connection, romance and love. When you give a bouquet of daisies as a 5th year anniversary gift, they are a reminder of the gentleness and innocence that still remains part of your relationship with your spouse.
5th Wedding Anniversary Gift Ideas
The best 5th anniversary gifts are ones that are one-of-a-kind and representative of your continued love and support for one another. If you’re looking for a traditional 5th wedding anniversary gift, wood gifts for him, or maybe even DIY wood gifts, we’ve got you covered! There are a lot of great 5th anniversary gift ideas for him as well as 5th anniversary gift ideas for her to help you make your 5th wedding anniversary extra special. Additionally, there are a lot of great koa wood gifts, handmade wood gifts and 5th anniversary gifts for him and for her to help you transform this anniversary into one you will remember when you’re old and grey.
Traditional Gift Ideas (Wood Anniversary Gifts)
Modern Gift Ideas (Silverware Gifts)
Silver Dollar Coin (with the year you got married!)
5th Wedding Anniversary Celebration Ideas
If you’re not sure what you want to get your spouse, consider celebrating your 5th anniversary in a unique way! You don’t always have to purchase a gift and, sometimes, the best thing to do is just to spend time together. While there are a lot of 5th year anniversary gift for him, 5th anniversary wood gifts and 5th anniversary silverware gifts, try to incorporate these gift ideas into events! For instance, planting a tree together is a popular and wonderful way to celebrate your 5 years of marriage together. Check it out:
- Plant a tree together! You can plant one in your own yard, at a park, a school or a church. An oak tree represents solidity, a pine tree represents your evergreen love for one another, a flaming red maple represents the passion you have for each other, and a flowering crab tree represents eternal love.
- Plan a special dinner at home where you can use your new anniversary silverware. Maybe make some juicy steaks to use your new fancy steak knives. Have cheese and crackers as an appetizer with your new marble wood cheese board. Set the table using the traditional 5th year anniversary colors and decorate the table with daisies and sprigs of wood.
- Go to a wooded park, arboretum, forest or trail. Stroll through the wilderness and enjoy the green scenery!
- Relax in your new wicker patio furniture, pop open a bottle of port wine aged 5 years and watch the sunset.
- Invite some friends over for a gathering and play ping pong on your new ping pong table and darts on your wooden dart cabinet!
Happy 5th Wedding Anniversary!