The Complete Guide To Your 6th Anniversary!
After celebrating the 5-year milestone, you might be wondering if you and your spouse even want to celebrate the 6th year anniversary. Don’t worry, you don’t have to go beyond what you planned for last year: whether you just want to get a simple 6th wedding anniversary gift for him or for her, or you just want to celebrate it low-key, anniversaries are all about celebrating your love for one another. Each anniversary has symbols and gift ideas associated with it, which represent the new phase you and your partner are in each year. Therefore, consider carefully the following 6th anniversary symbols when thinking of 6th wedding anniversary gifts for him and for her!
In this Complete Guide to your 6th Wedding Anniversary, you will discover:
- Modern vs traditional anniversary symbols
- 6th anniversary color
- 6th anniversary gemstone
- 6th wedding anniversary flowers
- 6th wedding anniversary gift ideas
- 6th anniversary celebration ideas
Modern vs Traditional
Wood’s solidity represents a marriage that is strong and stable. Wood, as a modern 6th year anniversary gift, represents wisdom that a couple develops over time, which allows them to forgive each other for their mistakes. Wood signifies a long-lasting and solid marriage that can’t easily be shaken by trivial matters.
- Iron is famous for its strength, and it holds significance as the 6th wedding anniversary gift traditional as it represents durability and luck for the couple’s future. Iron wedding anniversary gifts are symbolic of a strong bond between partners that is incredibly difficult to break. It makes sense to give 6th anniversary iron gifts because it is such an enduring, long-lasting and practical material for home goods.
- Candy, on the other hand, represents the sweet nature of the union, and gives the couple a chance to experience again the passion they had in their early days.
6th Wedding Anniversary Color
- The color purple combines the calm stability of blue with the fierce passion and energy of red.
- Purple is often associated with royalty, nobility, luxury, power and ambition. Purple also represents wealth, extravagance, creativity, wisdom, dignity, grandeur, devotion, peace, pride, mystery, independence and magic.
- In nature, purple is a rare color and is therefore believed to have sacred meaning.
- Since the purple color is created by combining a strong warm color with a strong cool color, the color purple retains both warm and cool properties. Thus, purple as a 6th anniversary gift and symbol, represents the balance that is needed in a relationship. If you really aren’t liking the 6th wedding traditional gift ideas, consider getting a purple gemstone (like amethyst, the 6th wedding anniversary gemstone) to represent the beauty of balance in your marriage.
- As a 6th anniversary color, turquoise represents balance, patience and friendship in a relationship. When you give turquoise jewelry as a 6th wedding anniversary gift, you are encouraging these qualities in your relationship.
- As a blend of blue and green, turquoise has some of the same calming attributes. Turquoise is associated with meanings of refreshing, feminine, calming, sophisticated, energy, wisdom, serenity, wholeness, creativity, emotional balance, good luck, spiritual grounding, friendship, love, joy, tranquility, patience, intuition and loyalty.
- The turquoise color has a feminine feel and is often used to represent the fluidity of water.
- The color turquoise is believed to help enhance communication skills, calm the mind and body and has been used as a symbol of prosperity.
- The color white is pure and is said to be the color of perfection. White represents purity, innocence, wholeness and completion.
- White is the color of new beginnings and it opens the way for creation of new thought. If you’re searching for 6th anniversary gift ideas, consider getting something white as a symbol to start over. Sometimes, we can build up tensions in our relationships; if this describes you with your spouse, use this 6th wedding anniversary to let go of any uncertainty or past fights. Start over with a 6th anniversary gift for him that says, “I love you. Let’s start over.”
- White contains an equal balance of all the colors of the spectrum, representing both the positive and negative aspects of all colors. Thus, as a symbol of your 6th wedding anniversary, consider how all people (and, therefore, all relationships) have good and bad qualities. Keep this in mind during your 6th wedding anniversary celebration so that you can forgive your partner and love everything that makes up them — the good and the bad.
6th Anniversary Gemstone
- The Amethyst the traditional gemstone for a 6th year anniversary, and it is a calming stone that helps to promote calm, balance and peace.
- Amethyst has been one of the world’s most revered stones for many centuries. Ancient Greeks and Ancient Romans used Amethyst in several ways, from beads to jewelry to amulets. It was believed that amethyst was synonymous with luxury.
- The amethyst gemstone is believed to be connected to balance, intellectual reasoning and positive, loving energy.
- It is believed that amethyst helps to encourage creative thinking, spiritual awareness and healing. It soothes and calms the mind, raises the spirit and protects against negative vibrations. As a 6th anniversary gift for her, amethyst jewelry makes for a wonderful gift to remind her of the balance and peace found in your marriage.
- Turquoise gemstones are a symbol of friendship and they serve to bring about peace to the home and good fortune to the owner.
- The turquoise gemstone is said to carry with it a great deal of truth and wisdom.
- The turquoise gemstone is a stone that represents self-realization, aids in analytical thinking and helps to bring about creative energy.
- The name turquoise actually means “Turkish Stone” as it came to Europe from Turkey. Historically, the best quality turquoise comes from Iran, though today, the majority of the turquoise gemstones come from the United States and Mexico.
- The turquoise gemstone is known as the oldest protection charm against evil or injury. The stone symbolizes wealth, friendship, strength, and connection to the spiritual world.
6th Anniversary Flower
- The calla lily, with its trumpet-shaped blooms and graceful, slender profile, is a symbol of transition and growth. This flower represents the beauty and pride gained from shared wisdom over time.
- Calla lilies represent magnificent beauty. As the traditional flower for a 6th wedding anniversary, calla lilies are unlike any other kind of flower in shape, and symbolize all the ways in which your relationship has grown over the last 6 years of marriage.
- In the Christian religion, the calla lily is associated with purity and faith. However, the Romans believed that the flower’s long stalk represented sexuality and lust. When you combine these two elements, you get the perfect reflection of happy marriage with romance and desire at its heart.
- The calla lily flower is believed to possess a magical light source inside that radiates upwards. This is representative of the wisdom and bond that has grown between you two over the last 6 years.
6th Wedding Anniversary Gift Ideas
The traditional 6th anniversary gift iron can be interpreted literally or figuratively — it’s up to you! Iron anniversary gifts can include hand-forged iron jewelry or a set of golf clubs for him! Since the modern 6th anniversary gift is wood, the same creative license is given: there is no ruling stating that your 6th wedding anniversary gifts must include either iron, candy or wood. However, if you’re struggling to come up with 6th anniversary gifts for him or 6th anniversary gift ideas for her, check out the ideas below to get your mind going! There are a lot of creative 6th anniversary gift ideas, as well as candy gift ideas for anniversary and iron anniversary gifts for her! Check it out:
Traditional Gift Ideas (Candy Anniversary Gifts)
Traditional Gift Ideas (Iron Anniversary Gifts)
Modern Gift Ideas (Wood Anniversary Gifts)
Wooden Home Items (bookends, baskets, wine rack)
Wooden Kitchen Utensils (bowls, salad set, placemats)
6th Wedding Anniversary Celebration Ideas
Feel like the iron anniversary gifts for him or the iron candy gift ideas in general just aren’t for you guys this year? That’s okay! Sometimes, it is better to spend some time together just being together! Instead of buying a 6th wedding anniversary traditional gift, consider going on a trip together. Check out these other great 6th wedding anniversary celebration ideas:
- Visit a candy factory together! Or, better yet, visit a candy destination like Hershey, Pennsylvania. This location is famous for its chocolate, its candy theme park and its Hershey Hotel.
- Go to a circus, fair, oceanside boardwalk or a fun tourist location to watch fudge being made, buy penny candies or enjoy some delicious cotton candy.
- Snuggle up and watch Iron Man or Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory (or both!).
- Plant a tree in your backyard together! An oak tree represents solidity, a pine tree represents your evergreen love for one another, a flaming red maple represents the passion you have for each other, and a flowering crab tree represents eternal love.
- Eat a fancy steak dinner (a good source of iron) by way of candlelight using your new iron candle holders.
- Venture out to a restaurant or cafe known for its desserts and splurge!
- Travel to Utah’s Iron Mission State Park (recently renamed Frontier Homestead State Park Museum). This museum tells the story of Brigham Young and the Mormon missionaries who mined iron in Utah in the late 19th, early 20th centuries.
Happy 6th Wedding Anniversary!